Hi everyone, I've decided to take on a fun 30 day blog challenge. I will receive a topic to blog about each day, some will be short and others will be long but I thought it might be fun for myself to do in my free time in between my work, home life and training (and hopefully you will like it too).
Today's is "picture of yourself and describe what you've done today" so here goes.
Today hasn't been very productive in terms of work but it is Sunday so I'm not surprised by this.
My plan was to walk my dog this morning whilst trying to include teaching her how to "weave" as I walk - she is a Border Collie and loves to learn anything you're willing to teach her. Since my street amd surrounding areas were under a sheet of ice I decided to wait and see if it would clear up to avoid the ice giving her sores on her paw pads. Instead we played some ball games indoors and we went over a few of the tricks she already knows as well as doing a little bit of nose work.
She then had a 10 minute recharge - anyone with a collie puppy will understand that this is all they need to regain "full energy". Whilst she did that, I did some pilates since I'm supposed to be recovering from hip bursitis and this is supposed to help me strengthen ready for more training. I can't say I'm a fan of pilates (I'm not good at it at all) but needs must.
Once the ice had melted a little we went over to the fields and played fetch and did some weaving. She even ignored another dog which is a first so I feel we are progressing in her training (she is only 1 year).
As she wanted to have a rest after her long walk I decided to go for a run, those of you following my marathon blog will already know this. I'm training for the EMF marathon to fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Care. I did a slow 6 miles and then a short stretching session to follow.
I now plan to watch the NFL playoffs!
Come back for tomorrow for day 2 of my blog challenge to find out what the topic is! Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment