Friday, 24 January 2014

Day 10, 11 and 12

Hi everyone, apologies for the delay in day these blogs I've been super busy!

Let's catch up!

Topic for day 10 is "book you're currently reading".

The book that I'm reading at the moment is a marathon training manual. Since I have my first marathon in May I am reading everything I can which might help prepare me for it!

So far it has been a great read, it's full of tips and ways for me to increase my fitness on "rest days" I.e with swimming, yoga etc. It gives me more knowledge about my diet and how to fuel up on the run which is something I don't know much about since I've never needed to do it.

Hopefully once I've completed mine I will be able to offer help to new marathon runners from my new knowledge.

Day 11's topic is "What is in your car".

As a Personal Trainer I carry quite a lot of fitness equipment around in my car. I currently have -

2 ViPRs - outdoor fitness equipment which are weighted tubes with handles on either side. I have one 10kg and one 8kg which I carry around.

1 balance board - made of wood and is used to help my clients work on their core and balance.

2 exercise mats - in case I do pilates, yoga or stretching with a client - also useful when working outdoors to save people getting muddy.

5kg medicine ball - used during outdoor fitness sessions and / or core work in the home.

Boxing pads and gloves - boxing is always fun in a PT session.

Dog towel - my seats are cream and my dog loves to get muddy! The two don't mix well.

Business cards - you never know when they might come in handy.

De-icer / scraper / screen wash - typical car things which are always useful.

Gym clothes - just in case I'm waiting for a while when I could be running / gym training.

Trainers - every girl needs sensible driving shoes.

Hair brush and bobble - just in case of a bad hair day!

Finally, day 12 is "Do you have regrets".

For me the answer is no. I believe everything you do in life could be something to regret but at the end of the day it is those things which have contributed to who you are as a person.

It is easy to regret things but if you don't make mistakes you will never learn to deal with problems, pain or how to move past hard times.

Thank you for reading, come back tomorrow for a new topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment