Monday, 13 January 2014

Day 2

Hi everyone, welcome to day 2 of my blog challenge. Today's blog is about "my favourite quotes / sayings / motivation".

I have thousands of favourites, since I run a fitness business a lot of them are fitness related! Here are my top 4!

1. "You don't have to be great to start but you have to start to be great".

I particularly like this because it has helped me and a few of my clients a great deal. It helped us understand that just because you aren't great at something at first doesn't mean you can't achieve greatness with work.

2. "The miracle isn't that I finished, it is that I had the courage to start".

This really helps me to help my clients understand that every journey has to start somewhere and that one of the hardest parts of making a change is to start.

3. "When you feel like quitting: think about why you started".

I personally love this one, as an endurance runner I often lack motivation and have to look at the reasons I started. It is the same with most things in life, especially fitness and weight loss. There is usually an emotional reason behind a fitness / health goal - whether it be muscle gain, weight loss, doing an event etc. If you can crack into the emotion and remind yourself the reason when you are feeling low it can do the power of good.

4. "Running is 80% mental and 20% physical"

Ok, so not entirely true but what I take from this is that your mind will quit long before your body will whilst you're out on a run. I used to struggle massively with going for a run without stopping to walk. If the distance was 1 mile or 10 miles it didn't matter because I let my mind give up. There will always be voices in your head telling you that you are tired or sore and I always listened to them. Now I've learnt to ignore them and very rarely stop to walk - only if I am doing intervals or am injured. This quote has given me a huge confidence boost!

Thank you for reading today's update, hope you enjoyed it and I hope you come back to see what I will be blogging about tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment